Friday, July 4, 2014

0 comments 7/04/2014

Honey Green Tea (Matcha) Latte

Posted by SnOwySnOwy - Filed under , ,
For the past week, I have been making this green tea (macha) latte.  I like the color and taste of it. This is a better alternative to a regular latte if you would like to consume less caffeine and at the same time want to avoid the chemicals in most of the decaf coffee.

 
In many of the videos that I saw on making this latte, most of them use a milk frother wand to mix the green tea powder with some sort of liquid. Originally, I wanted to buy a more expensive milk frother (the Aerolatte one) for that but ended up getting an IKEA version of it for only $3.99.  I am so glad that I bought the IKEA version because it works just fine for this purpose.  Below is a picture of the IKEA version of the milk frother.
 

Honey Green Tea (Matcha) Latte

ingredients

  • 1.5 tsp green tea powder
  • 2.5 tblsp hot water (not boiling)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1 cup of milk (you can use less if you prefer a stronger taste of green tea)

preparation

  1. Sift the green tea powder into a cup
  2. In another cup, mix the hot water and honey
  3. Add the hot liquid into the powder and whisk vigorously (use the frother) until powder is all dissolved
  4. Steam and froth the milk (I used the steam wand from my espresso machine)
  5. Add the hot milk to the cup



0 comments: