Sunday, July 1, 2012

0 comments 7/01/2012

Victoria's Restaurant - The King Edward Hotel

Posted by SnOwySnOwy - Filed under , ,

Afternoon tea at Victoria's Restaurant - The King Edward Hotel on Friday after the light lunch at Taro's Fish. I really looked forward to an afternoon tea occasion because I wanted it since Baby J was born but never got a chance to go. I have never tried afternoon tea at Victoria's Restaurant before, however, we soon found that it was a bad choice. The quality of the food was such a disappointment and it was definitely not worth the price we paid. :(


The scones in the bottom tier was the best part out of the three tiers and it got progressively worse upward.  For the tea sandwich tier, I felt like I just kept on eating just bread, and soggy bread. 
For the final dessert tier, which we did not finish at all, was a disaster, 1. the almond madeleines tasted worse than the ones I made at home; 2. the rest of other mini desserts tasted like those I can purchase from a regular supermarket.  As for the tea, we both chose the Kind Edward Blend, it had a fair floral aroma, not too strong, and it was OK.

On an happier note, we still enjoyed our afternoon off and enjoyed taking pictures of it but I don't think we will return to Victoria's again.



 
 

Victoria's Restaurant - The King Edward Hotel on Urbanspoon



0 comments: